Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder
Fun Facts about Cinco de Mayo!
Here are some interesting facts you might not know about this holiday.
- Cinco de Mayo is Spanish for the fifth of May, which is when the holiday occurs each year.
- Cinco de Mayo is a bigger deal in the United States.
- Mexico Independence Day is September 16. Which is Mexico most important holiday.
- According to the California Avocado Commission, Americans consume up to 81 million avocados on Cinco de Mayo.
- 6 million U.S. residents come from Mexican heritage, according to the United States census.
- The world’s largest Cinco de Mayo party is held in Los Angeles, California.
- Cesar Salad was invented in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Margarita drink was invented in Tijuana, Mexico.
- According to the Daily Meal, the United States consumes more Tequila than in Mexico, where the spirit originated.
- Tacos in Mexico are actually made with a soft corn tortilla.
- Authentic Mexican burritos are usually small and thin, with flour tortillas. It’s eaten for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. It’s a traditional food of Ciudad Juarez, city in the north of Mexico and is only popular in the northern part of the country.
- Mexican cuisine doesn’t use Yellow (Cheddar) cheese, they use queso fresco, panela, requeson, and asadero. They are usually low in sodium and low in calories.