So Good, You Won’t ‘Bundt’-lieve it
With Thanksgiving just around the corner, it is the time where families and friends come together and memories are made. While the idea of unity and thankfulness is the sole purpose for the holiday, we cannot forget another main ingredient: food. Whether your menu is nearly perfected or are looking for an extra item to place on the table, we have an eye-gazing treat that you need. This coconut flour based Snow Topped Apple Bundt Cake recipe is wonderful for an after meal dessert or paired with a hot cup of coffee in the morning.
- 1 cup of organic coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 cage-free eggs
- 1/2 cup well-shaken kefir
- 3 or 4 organic green apples, peeled, cored, and sliced 1/4 inch thick
1) Preheat oven to 350.
2) In a medium bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, baking soda and combine thoroughly.
3) In a separate large bowl, add together the yogurt, brown sugar, eggs, and kefir). Using mixer, combine these ingredients until well incorporated.
4) Gradually add flour mixture into the yogurt-sugar-egg-kefir mixture, whisking until all ingredients are well combined. Make sure to not over mix.
5) Using spatula, fold sliced apples into the cake batter.
6) Spray your cake pan with a Baking Spray with Flour (which works great for bundt pans). Because I was using rose bundt pan, I had to make extra sure that all of the pan got sprayed. Pour batter gently into prepared pan.
7) Bake for about 1 hour until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Mid-time through the baking, turn the pan around in the oven for even baking.
8) Let the pan cool off on wire rack for about 40 minutes, then invert the bundt pan to release the cake.
9) Top with powdered sugar, slice and enjoy!